On the Hydrogenaudio Forums I saw a reference to a command-line utility called “Declip” that purported to repair the truncated waveforms that are the hallmark of badly-mastered music. Knowing that plenty of these exist on Rush’s Vapor Trails (mastered by Howie Weinberg), I ran Declip against it. It didn’t get rid of all the crackling, but I think it improved the overall listening experience. I should try to A/B the old and new to see if I can pick out the repaired version.
- RT @SalSports: Statement from Bills owner Terry Pegula on the firing of Doug Whaley: https://t.co/IApxo0iinY 2 hours ago
- RT @buffalobills: General Manager Doug Whaley has been relieved of his duties. 2 hours ago
- Drinking a Solid Sender Ale by @TroegsBeer @ Sunny Hill Farms — untp.beer/s/c446488361 14 hours ago
- Full-bodied, not too hoppy, plenty of fun. - Drinking a Bill the Cat DIPA @ Sunny Hill Farms - untp.beer/s/c446472818 15 hours ago
- RT @BuffaloBillsPR: Get to know new @buffalobills WR Zay Jones: https://t.co/AVQhEmdQ7k 1 day ago
- RT @tedlieu: .@realDonaldTrump had said Flynn "is a wonderful man" who was treated "very unfairly" by the "fake media." I want to thank the… 1 day ago
- RT @StevenWilsonHQ: On location of the video shoot for one of the songs from the forthcoming album, 5,000 metres above sea level at th… htt… 1 day ago