The U3 platform came on the Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4GB flash drive I recently purchased and instead of formatting it into oblivion I actually used it. Apps I already used in a portable fashion (on the Cruzer Micro 512MB it’s complementing) like Firefox, PuTTY, and FileZilla have U3 builds, as well as some other ones I haven’t previously used portably like WinSCP and OpenOffice. It’s a pretty slick platform, although I have to think Sandisk was inspired by John Haller‘s PortableApps.com work. Looks like he published a similar platform that I hadn’t previously seen or used.
- "Alexa, play Spinal Tap." 6 hours ago
- RT @votevets: If @realDonaldTrump had 1 oz of presidential leadership, he'd simply say "thank you" to a #PurpleHeart recipient - not "congr… 1 day ago
- Almost through the album stream and really liking "Solid State". Music is great and it BREATHES! Yay for dynamic… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ELP is great music to code to: youtube.com/watch?v=pi9Pcq… 1 day ago
- Listening to ELP this morning: youtube.com/watch?v=SMd95I… 1 day ago
- RT @rnelson0: The @RealSportsHBO segment on Noah and Lucas Aldrich doing triathlons together is so hopefully. I hope they get to compete in… 1 day ago
- RT @kclemson: By Grabthar's hammer, your uniform will be avenged. twitter.com/rachelfeltman/… 1 day ago